English reductions In this lesson you will learn reductions formed with word + to.




English reductions
In this lesson you will learn reductions formed with word + to.
Reductions formed with word + to
  • gonna
  • Formation: gonna = going + to
  • Usage: I'm gonna have to work every day next week.
  • Meaning: I'm going to have to work every day next week.
  • gotta
  • Formation: gotta = got + to
  • Usage: I gotta get up early to go work.
  • Meaning: I got to get up early to go work.
  • hafta
  • Formation: hafta = have + to
  • Usage: I hafta work overtime tonight.
  • Meaning: I have to work overtime tonight.
  • hasta
  • Formation: hasta = has + to
  • Usage: She hasta work this weekend.
  • Meaning: She has to work this weekend.
  • oughta
  • Formation: oughta = ought + to
  • Usage: You oughta find a better job.
  • Meaning: You ought to find a better job.
  • wanna
  • Formation: wanna = want + to
  • Usage: I really wanna find a better job.
  • Meaning: I really want to find a better job.






Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment