English Speaking Basics I and 1. Basic usage of 'I'm'




1. Basic usage of 'I'm'

2. Variations of 'I'm in/at/on'


3. I'm good at


4. I'm + (verb)

5. I'm getting


6. I'm trying + (verb)


7. I'm gonna + (verb)


8. I have + (noun)


9. I have + (past participle)


10. I used to + (verb)


11. I have to + (verb)


12. I wanna + (verb)


13. I gotta + (verb)


14. I would like to + (verb)


15. I plan to + (verb)


16. I've decided to + (verb)


17. I was about to + (verb)


18. I didn't mean to + (verb)


19. I don't have time to + (verb)


20. I promise not to + (verb)


21. I'd rather + (verb)


22. I feel like + (verb-ing)


23. I can't help + (verb-ing)


24. I was busy + (verb-ing)


25. I'm not used to + (verb-ing)


26. I want you to + (verb)


27. I'm here to + (verb)


28. I have something + (verb)


29. I'm looking foward to



*********************************************

I'm

I'm' is an abbreviation for the word 'I AM.'  It is used in combination with other words to tell someone about yourself or to describe something you are doing.

Here are some examples:

"I'm so tired."
"I'm confused."
"I'm happy."
"I'm twenty three years old."
"I'm hungry."
"I'm nervous."
"I'm excited."
"I'm leaving work."
"I'm thirsty."
"I'm from Seattle."

You can also add descriptive words with 'I'm' such as:

"I'm extremely tired."
"I'm very happy."
"I'm terribly hungry."
"I am super excited."
"I'm very nervous."
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment