17. Hobby - Questions and Answers



Hobby - Questions and Answers

Hobbies are a hot topic anytime.  Similar to favorite things, hobbies are favorite things that you do.  This is a small section so let's get started.

 Questions you can ask:

 "What are your hobbies?"
 "What do you do in your spare time?"
 "What do you like to do?"
 "What do you like to do for fun?"
 "If you had extra time, what would you do with it?"

 There is not much else you can say.  Remember that we can create many different sentences, but we want to use what is most common in spoken English.  So we need to stay with the most common words.

 Answering questions:

 "My hobbies consist of golfing, reading novels, and watching movies."
 "I like to play computer games in my free time."
 "If I'm not working, then I'm busy chatting with people on the Internet."
 "During my spare time, I like to cook."
 "I like to read magazines."
 "In the summer I play golf, and in the winter, I go skiing."
 "I love every type of sports."

 Making statements:

 "I need to find a hobby.  I have nothing to do all day."
 "Maybe you wouldn't be so lonely if you had a hobby."
 "Hobbies are great because it allows you to do what you enjoy."
 "Although I have many hobbies, I wish I had more time to do more."
 "I love to go snowboarding.  It's exhilarating."
 "I would go skiing more often, but it takes such a long time to go up to the mountains."
 "I wish golfing wasn't so expensive.  I would golf almost everyday if I could afford it."





Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment