18. Yesterday - The Past - Example Conversation




Yesterday - The Past - Example Conversation

Study some examples and then we will be at the practice session.

 Person A: "Why didn't you come to my party last night?"
 Person B:  "I'm sorry I couldn't make it.  I had to go visit my grandmother at the hospital."
 Person A:  "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.  Is she doing ok?"
 Person B:  "They just completed a small operation and the doctors said she should recover."

 Person A:  "Did you get a chance to go to that new restaurant down the street?"
 Person B:  "Yeah.  I ordered the special, but the server screwed up my order."
 Person A:  "That sucks.  So what ended up happening?"
 Person B:  "They finally got my steak out, but it was overcooked.  It was a terrible experience."

 Person A: "What did you do last weekend?"
 Person B:  "I went on a date with Sammy."
 Person A:  "Really?  How was it?"
 Person B:  "I couldn't ask for a better night.  We talked all throughout our two hour dinner, and then we sat by the river and cuddled in the night."

 Person A:  "Didn't you finish finals week?"
 Person B:  "Don't remind me.  I think I failed most of the exams."
 Person A:  "Why did you do so terrible?"
 Person B:  "My mind just went blank.  I think I overloaded my brain.  I just couldn't concentrate during the exams."
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment